A Korean language notary guide is a tool to help notarize a document written in the Korean language, or for a signer who speaks Korean. If the notary does not speak Korean, this helps to bridge the language barrier. It is similar to a Korean phrase book used by a tourist when traveling in a Korean speaking country.
In Colorado, the notary may not use a human as a translator or interpreter. This is because the notary would not know if the translator is being honest. The notary must communicate directly with the signer.
Google Translate is free software that can translate a Korean document. It is available at https://translate.google.com/ or can be downloaded as a phone application.
You can cut and paste text from a Korean language document, upload a document file, or enter a website address for translation. That may be useful to translate a Korean language foreign embassy website.
It helps the notary to use reasonable care to confirm the title and purpose of the document. The translated document is not notarized, so the translation does not need to be 100% accurate. The original document in the Korean language is notarized.
The notary certificate can be in the Korean language if the notary speaks Korean. If the document is going to a foreign country and needs an apostille certificate attached by the Colorado Secretary of State (SOS), then the notary certificate must be in English.
If the signer does not speak good English, a Korean language notary guide that includes common notary questions and sentences may be a useful tool. Below are some suggestions. The notary may include others as needed for the situation, and then use Google Translate to generate a numbered list. The notary can then point to the line number to select a phrase or question. The signer could type an answer in Google Translate and then translate it into English.
Korean Language Notary Guide
1. Hello. My name is [John]. I am a Notary Public.
1. 안녕하세요. 내 이름은 [남자]. 나는 공증인입니다.
2. I do not speak your language.
2. 나는 당신의 언어를 사용하지 않습니다.
3. What is your name?
3. 당신의 이름은 무엇입니까?
4. Please print your [name] on this paper.
4. 이 종이에 당신의 [이름] [답변] 인쇄하십시오.
5. May I please see your identification?
5. 나는 당신의 식별을 참조하시기 바랍니다 수 있습니까?
6. What type of document is this?
6. 이 문서의 유형은 무엇입니까?
7. Please print the document title on this paper.
7. 이 문서에 문서 제목을 인쇄하십시오.
8. Have you read this document?
8. 당신이이 문서를 읽고?
9. Please fill in this blank space.
9. 이 빈 공간에 기입하십시오.
10. Do you understand the purpose of this document?
10. 당신은이 문서의 목적을 이해하고 있는가?
11. Are you signing this document voluntarily?
11. 당신은 자발적으로이 문서에 서명하고 있습니까?
12. Do you acknowledge that this is your signature?
12. 당신이 당신의 서명임을 인정합니까?
13. Do you swear or affirm that these statements are true and correct?
13. 맹세 또는 이러한 진술은 사실과 맞는지 확인한다하십니까?
14. Please sign your name here.
14. 여기에 당신의 이름을 서명하십시오.
15. My fee is [number] dollars.
15. 내 요금은 [수] 달러이다.
18. I do not understand.
18. 이해가되지 않습니다.
19. I do not know.
19. 나는 모른다.
20. Please repeat.
21. Please speak slowly.
21. 천천히 말하십시오.
22. Thank you.
23. Nice to meet you.
23. 만나서 반갑습니다.
24. Here is my business card.
24. 여기 제 명함입니다.
25. Have a nice day.
25. 좋은 하루 되세요.
26. Good bye.
27. Here is the name and phone number of a notary that speaks Korean.
27. 여기에 한국어를 구사 공증인의 이름과 전화 번호입니다.
28. I am not a notario publico.
28. 나는 notario의 publico 아닙니다.
29. I am not an attorney.
29. 나는 변호사 아닙니다.
30. I do not give legal advice.
30. 나는 법률 자문을 제공하지 않습니다.
The notary should write the title and description of the document in the notary journal. For example, a Power of Attorney in Korean is called a 위임장. The number of pages should be shown. Ask the signer to fill in any blank spaces before notarizing.
It is best to use the date format: July 4, 2015, rather than 7/4/15 (mm-dd-yy). In many foreign countries, the date is in dd-mm-yy format, so 7/4/15 would be 7 Apr 2015.
A Korean language notary guide can be a useful tool for a notary to accommodate a Korean language speaker.
Disclaimer: This article is not legal advice. For legal advice, contact a licensed, competent attorney.
Disclaimer: CRS 12-55-110.3
I am not an attorney licensed to practice law in the state of Colorado
and I may not give legal advice or accept fees for legal advice.
나는 콜로라도의 상태에서 연습 법률에 허가 변호사 아닙니다
나는 법률 자문을 제공하거나 법률 자문 수수료를 허용하지 않을 수 있습니다.
[Last-Modified Date 2017-04-03] add new image