Colorado Legal Forms and Information
Note: All legal forms and information found here are for educational purposes only, and are not to be considered or used as legal advice. For legal advice, contact a licensed, competent attorney. State laws vary and change from time to time. Legal forms may become obsolete when laws or rules change or may not be valid in your state or not suitable for your specific needs or situation. Before you purchase or use legal forms, conduct due diligence, and read the accompanying instructions, terms, and conditions to understand the risks.
1. Buy Legal Forms
Carefully choose the correct form for your specific state, needs, and situation.
2. Legal Advice, Legal Plans
2. For legal advice from an attorney, buy a
LegalZoom Personal Legal Plan $9.99/mo (paid annually) or
Business Legal Plan $23.99/mo (paid annually).
Members may call an attorney to get answers to legal questions and to have legal documents reviewed. For more complicated legal matters, local attorneys are available at discount rates for Legal Plan members.
3. Colorado Power of Attorney, POA
3. Power of Attorney PDF, POA, State of Colorado Statutory Form, 2010, for financial affairs and real estate, with witness affidavit
Colorado Law CRS 15-14-711 POA Coagents and Successor Agents PDF
Colorado Probate Code: CRS 15-14-701 Colorado Uniform Power of Attorney Act 2010 PDF
Colorado Law CRS 15-14-712. Reimbursement and compensation of agent. Unless the power of attorney otherwise provides, an agent is entitled to reimbursement of expenses reasonably incurred on behalf of the principal and to compensation that is reasonable under the circumstances. (agents report nonprofessional fiduciary fees earned as compensation on IRS Form 1040, line 21, Other Income.)
Colorado Rule 10 CCR 2505-10 8.100.7.G.4. Treatment of Certain Assets as Transfers Without Fair Consideration. Note: Colorado Medicaid (Health First Colorado) treats money paid to a family member as a gift and asset transfer, not earned income, unless a compliant, signed, notarized Personal Care Agreement PDF is executed and a work log is maintained. Taxes are due on earned income. See IRS Publication 926, Household Employer’s Tax Guide PDF. Colorado Medicaid may assess a penalty period for asset transfer, before benefits eligibility. In Colorado, every $8,000 given away during the five years prior to a Medicaid application creates a one-month period of ineligibility. $8,000 is the average private pay cost for one month in a nursing home in Colorado.
POA Monitor Agreement PDF, sample form to appoint a monitor to protect principal from agent neglect, dishonesty, incompetence
Agent’s Certification of Authority PDF, agent’s sworn statement that POA is currently effective and valid
Power of Attorney for Digital Assets PDF, sample form to appoint agent to manage digital accounts, digital currency, cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, blockchain, private keys, passwords, digital property, digital devices, computer files. See article POA for Digital Assets.
CRS 15-14-105. Delegation of power by parent or guardian. A parent or guardian of a minor or incapacitated person, by a power of attorney, may delegate to another person, for a period not exceeding twelve months, any power regarding care, custody, or property of the minor or ward, except the power to consent to marriage or adoption.
4. Colorado Medical Power of Attorney
4. Note: Keep medical care documents in a location visible to EMS, emergency medical services, next to bed, on refrigerator, in wallet
Medical Durable Power of Attorney PDF, to appoint an agent for health care decisions, medical affairs, includes access to medical records, with witness affidavit
Health Care Proxy PDF, consensus by interested parties to appoint the best candidate as proxy when patient is diagnosed incapacitated by physician and has not completed a Medical POA. See CRS 15-18.5-103.
Living Will PDF, for end of life health care and life support decisions for terminally ill patients. Note: Requires two disinterested witnesses, not medical staff or family members. Friends, neighbors, co-workers or volunteers may be used.
CPR PDF, patient’s wishes regarding Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation, must be signed by patient and physician
DNR, Do Not Resuscitate, physician’s order for patient in health care facility, including nursing home, patient consent not required
Your Right to Make Health Care Decisions PDF in Colorado, 2011 version, booklet explaining use of advance directives in Colorado
Medical Orders for Scope of Treatment PDF (MOST) for Colorado, 2015 version, discuss with physician, must be signed by physician
Affidavit of Medical Doctor Regarding Patient Incapacity PDF signed, sworn, professional medical doctor opinion of patient incapacity
5. Colorado Medicaid Declaration of Income Trust
5. Declaration of Income Trust CO Medicaid 2016 PDF [new version 2016] from Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing (HCPF), used to qualify for Medicaid assistance with the cost of nursing home care or home care, contact an attorney for elder care legal advice
Medicaid Declaration of Income Trust Form PDF, [old version 2005] Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing form (HCPF 05-006) from Colorado Gerontological Society, used to qualify for Medicaid assistance with the cost of nursing home care or home care, contact an attorney for elder care legal advice
6. HIPAA Release and Authorization
6. HIPAA Release and Authorization PDF allows release and access to medical records
7. Colorado Limited Liability Company (LLC)
7. Limited Liability Company (LLC) forms list, TBD
Colorado LLC Articles of Organization PDF, Sample Form
8. Colorado Corporation
9. Colorado Trade Name
9. Colorado Trade Name Registration PDF, for Sole Proprietor
10. Living Trust
10. Information on Living Trusts
11. Colorado Real Estate, Landlord, Tenant, Eviction, Rental Property
sample forms packet for students of our Managing Rental Property landlord training class. (file opening password is required from the instructor)
11. Sample Form Colorado Quitclaim Deed PDF, Quit Claim Deed, no warranty.
12. Colorado landlord/tenant legal forms, lease, rental application, lead paint disclosure, security deposit form, pet agreement form, utility agreement form, legal handbook, legal seminars and property management/landlord training are available from the Apartment Association of Southern Colorado, AASC (719) 264-9195 and Apartment Association of Metro Denver, AAMD (303) 329-3300.
13. Colorado landlord/tenant legal forms for evictions on Colorado Courts website, Notice to Quit (JDF 97), 3-day notice: Demand for Compliance or Right to Possession (JDF 101), Affidavit of Service (JDF 98), Complaint in Forcible Entry and Detainer FED (eviction) (JDF 99), Instructions for Forcible Entry and Detainer FED (eviction) (JDF 100). Notice to Quit for Substantial Violation PDF. Understanding Colorado Evictions PDF slide presentation.
Before selling or disposing of abandoned personal property, landlord must give tenant 15 days written notice by certified mail to last known address. See CRS 13-40-122 Writ of restitution after judgment, CRS 38-20-116. Abandoned property – notice of sale.
Colorado Eviction Laws FED CRS 13-40-101 PDF Colorado Eviction Laws, Forcible Entry and Detainer (FED), CRS 13-40-101
14. Pikes Peak Library
14. Many legal forms, legal books, Colorado statutes, and citations are available for free at the Pikes Peak Library, law libraries or on state and local court websites.
The Pikes Peak Library Law Collection is located at the Penrose Library, 20 N Cascade Ave.
15. Bradford Publishing, Colorado Legal Forms
15. Colorado legal forms and books were previously available for purchase from Bradford Publishing Company in Denver. Bradford Publishing closed in December 2017. Their books and forms may be found at the public library and from the Colorado Bar Association, CLE. Bradford Legal Forms are now sold by Petersen Specialty Rubber Stamp & Engraving Co. in Wheat Ridge, CO. U.S. Legal Forms is another publisher of thousands of legal forms.
Last Will, no minor children, Sample form e39A, Colorado Last Will, no minor children, Sample Form e39A PDF
Last Will, with minor children, Sample form e39C, Colorado Last Will, minor children, Sample Form e39C PDF
Tangible Personal Property Letter Colorado, Sample form PDF use with Last Will to give specified tangible personal property to beneficiaries
Real Estate Deeds: Colorado Quitclaim Deed PDF, Quit Claim Deed, General Warranty Deed
Special Purpose Deeds: Bargain and Sale Deed, Mortgage Deed, Beneficiary Deed (Transfer On Death), Sample Form e48 PDF, Conservator’s Deed, Personal Representative’s Deed (Sale), Personal Representative Deed of Distribution, Sample Form e47 PDF, Supplementary Affidavit, Sample Form e984 PDF, Trustee’s Deed, Mineral Deed, Mining Deed (Quitclaim)
Other Colorado legal forms: Colorado Mechanics Lien
Sample form e180A, rev 11-09: CO Statement of Mechanics Lien, Notice of Intent to File, Affidavit of Service PDF
Booklet, 2000 edition: Mechanics Lien Rights in Colorado PDF
Book: Winning Big in Colorado Small Claims Court PDF from Bradford Publishing
Book: Everybody’s Guide to Small Claims Court from NOLO Press in our Legal Books section
16. Colorado Small Claims Court
16. Colorado Small Claims Court Clinic, educational videos, from Colorado Legal Services, presented by Boulder Attorney Alice Warren-Gregory, published Sep 2, 2014.
Total video time, about 40 minutes.
Colorado Small Claims Court video, part 1, Introduction video, length 7:54
Colorado Small Claims Court video, part 2, Filing the Complaint video, length 5:33
Colorado Small Claims Court video, part 3, Service Process video, length 4:40
Colorado Small Claims Court video, part 4, Respond to a Complaint video, length 4:31
Colorado Small Claims Court video, part 5, Preparing for Trial video, length 10:03
Colorado Small Claims Court video, part 6, Trial and Post-Trial video, length 5:02
17. Colorado Court Legal Forms
legal separation and divorce,
estate and probate,
conservatorship for adults, Any person, at least 21 years old, concerned about the adult’s financial situation, or any person who would be negatively affected if the adult’s finances are not managed correctly, can file a conservatorship case. The court will name a conservator for an adult only if the court decides that the adult is not able to manage their financial situation without help.
conservatorship for minors, Any person, at least 21 years old, concerned about the minor’s financial situation, or any person who would be negatively affected if the minor’s finances are not managed correctly, can file a conservatorship case. The court may name a conservator for the minor if: 1. The minor owns money or property that needs protection due to the age of the minor, OR 2. For reasons other than age, the minor is not able to make financial decisions without help.
guardianship for adults, Any person, at least 21 years old, who is concerned about the well-being of the adult can file a guardianship case. The court will name a guardian for an adult only if the court decides that the adult is not able to care for themselves or make their own decisions without help.
guardianship for minors, Any person, at least 21 years old, concerned about the minor’s welfare can file a guardianship case. The court may name a guardian for the minor if: 1. The parents agree; OR 2. The parents’ parental rights have been taken away by the court; OR 3. The parents are not able to care for the minor (for example, if the parents have died or they have abandoned the minor); OR 4. The person named as the guardian for the minor dies or becomes incapacitated and they did not name a replacement guardian.
Small Claims Court and
19. El Paso County Combined Courts, Self Help Center, Room S101, 270 S Tejon St, Colorado Springs 80903, Self-Help Center website. Staffed by Self-Represented Litigant Coordinators and volunteers from Justice Corps, available to answer questions, help find available court forms, provide information on court procedures, provide references to community resources, alert parties of options to resolve disputes outside of court by using mediation or other forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR). The Self-Help Center does not provide legal advice or fill out forms.
20. El Paso County, Colorado, Lawyer Referral Service
20. El Paso County Bar Association website. Lawyer referral service: (719) 636-1532.
Ask-A-Lawyer: free, confidential anonymous legal advice from volunteer attorneys, second Saturday each month, 10 am-noon, Citadel Mall, adjacent to the upper-level food court area near guest Services.
Call-A-Lawyer: free, confidential anonymous legal advice from volunteer attorneys, third Thursday evening each month, phone number only works during the monthly event.
call (719) 471-0380, 7 pm-9 pm during Jan, Mar, Apr, Jun, Aug, Sep, Oct, Dec
call (719) 457-8211, 5 pm-7 pm during Feb, May, Jul, Nov (in conjunction with KKTV)
21. Colorado Bar Association Consumer Brochures
21. Colorado Bar Association educational brochures website.
Some Colorado Bar Association Educational Brochures:
ADR, Appropriate Dispute Resolution (Mediation, Arbitration, etc.)
Probate in Colorado Note: There are simplified rules for settling a small estate with a value under $64,000. (A beneficiary deed may be used to avoid probate and transfer real estate when you die to your beneficiaries.)
Financial Power of Attorney Agent in Colorado PDF summary of agent’s role, authority, duties, liability, compensation
Help for Agents Under a Power of Attorney PDF Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
Sample Form Revocation of Power of Attorney PDF
Sample Form Resignation of Power of Attorney PDF
22. Colorado Wills, Self-Proving Wills, Beneficiary Agreements
22. Colorado laws CRS 15-11-501 thru -506 on wills, self-proving (self-proved) wills, notarized wills PDF.
Form Colorado Self-Proving Affidavit Witness at Execution PDF, CRS 15-11-504(1), notarized at execution
Form Colorado Self-Proving Affidavit Witness after Execution PDF, CRS 15-11-504(2), notarized after execution
22A. Colorado Declaration of Disposition of Last Remains PDF, Statutory Form, CRS 15-19-104
23A. Form Colorado Designated Beneficiary Agreement PDF, Statutory Form, CRS 15-22-101
23B. Form DNA Account Beneficiary Agreement PDF, transfer DNA samples and records to a beneficiary upon death or incapacity
24. Colorado Legal Assistance
24. Colorado Springs Legal Assistance Directory PDF Handout
25. Colorado Legal Services, legal assistance and advocates for low-income Colorado residents. Self-help legal information, clinics, videos, court information, legal aid attorneys, pro bono attorneys. Offices across Colorado.
Colorado Springs office, 617 S Nevada Ave, 80903, (719)471-0380
Denver office, 1905 Sherman St, Suite 400, 80203, (303)837-1313
Pueblo office, 1000 W 6th St, 81003, (719) 545-6708
26. Colorado Consumer Protection Laws
26. Colorado Consumer Protection Laws, Filing a Complaint, Colorado Attorney General Consumer Protection
27. Meeting Minutes
27. Sample Form Meeting Minutes template PDF for business, corporation, LLC, non-profit, HOA, club, association. Based on Robert’s Rules of Order.
28. Certificate of Incumbency
28. Certificate of Incumbency PDF, certified list of current company officers, signed by company officer, usually the secretary, print on company letterhead
29. Colorado Nonprofit Corporation Records
29. Colorado Nonprofit Corporation Records PDF, Colorado Revised Statutes CRS 7-136
30. Travel Consent for Minor Child
30. Sample Form Travel Consent for Minor Child PDF for U.S. or international travel
31. Animals, Livestock, Pet Care Agreement, Pet Protection Agreement
31A. Bill of Sale for Animal, Dog, Cat, Bird, Pet, see notarized Bill of Sale for Personal Property PDF
31B. Sample Form Pet Care Power of Attorney, Notarized PDF, appoint an agent when you are on vacation, busy, sick or incapacitated
31C. Sample Form Pet Care Agreement, Notarized PDF for temporary pet care
31D. Sample Form Pet Protection Agreement PDF for estate planning
31E. Bill of Sale for Livestock, see Bill of Sale for Livestock, Notarized PDF, per Colorado law CRS 35-54-103
32. Colorado Trespassing Laws
32. Colorado Trespassing Laws PDF, Colorado Revised Statutes CRS 18-4-502
33. Affidavit of Translation
33. Affidavit of Translation PDF, to translate Spanish or other foreign language documents to English language.
34. Document Affidavit
34. Document Affidavit PDF, to swear or affirm that an attached document is true and correct.
35. Copy Certification by Document Custodian
35. Copy Certification by Document Custodian PDF, affidavit that an attached document is true and correct
36. Business Records Affidavit
36. Business Records Affidavit PDF, affidavit for business records, logs or medical records kept in the normal course of business
37. Affidavit of Mailing
37. Affidavit of Mailing PDF, to provide evidence of mailing documents
38. Affidavit of Non-Response PDF, to provide evidence that no response was received by mail
To appoint an agent to receive mail on your behalf see USPS PS Form 1583 Application for Delivery of Mail Through Agent PDF
39. Colorado Consumer Protection
39. Colorado Attorney General, information on Colorado consumer protection laws regarding many topics is found in their Consumer Resource Guide. Topics include purchasing, repair, and leasing of new and used automobiles, the Colorado Lemon Law, business licensing issues, common scams, civil rights and employment, elder and senior citizen issues, credit and lending, general consumer issues and complaints, common legal questions, health issues, and identity theft.
40. FTC Identity Theft Complaint Affidavit
40. FTC Identity Theft Complaint Affidavit PDF, use this form from the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) to make a sworn statement (affidavit) about your identity theft case, before a Colorado notary public
41. Colorado Motor Vehicle Forms
41. Colorado Department of Revenue, Auto Industry Division (AID),
Colorado Lemon Law PDF,
Colorado Auto Buying Tips PDF,
Complaint Process for Auto Problems PDF,
Bill of Sale for Motor Vehicle (DR 2173) PDF, cash sale, for car, automobile, truck, motorcycle, RV, camper
Bill of Sale for Motor Vehicle (DR 2173-PN) PDF, financed sale using a promissory note
Bill of Sale for Motor Vehicle Exhibit A Trade In PDF, trade-in vehicle used for purchase
Affidavit for Collection of Personal Property Pursuant to Small Estate Proceeding (DR 2712) PDF,
Form Power of Attorney to Retrieve Motor Vehicle PDF to authorize an agent to retrieve a motor vehicle and/or personal property from Colorado Springs Police Department (CSPD) impound lot
42. Colorado Manufactured Home, Mobile Home Forms
42. Colorado Department of Revenue, Motor Vehicle Division, Colorado forms list for Manufactured Homes
Colorado Department of Local Affairs Property Tax forms for Manufactured Homes
Sample form, eForms Mobile Home Bill of Sale PDF
43. Colorado Usury Interest Rates
43. Colorado Interest Rates and Usury Interest Laws PDF, Colorado Revised Statutes CRS 5-12-103, 18-15-104
44. Colorado Small Estate Affidavit
44. Colorado Small Estate Affidavit (estate valued under $70,000), Collection of Personal Property by Affidavit, CRS 15-12-1201
Form Colorado JDF 999 Small Estate Affidavit PDF and Instructions, Form Colorado JDF 998 Small Estate Affidavit Instructions PDF
45. Bill of Sale for Personal Property, Notarized
45. Bill of Sale for Personal Property, Notarized PDF, sample form with notary section for buyer and seller.
46. Deed of Gift of Personal Property, Notarized
46. Deed of Gift of Personal Property, Notarized PDF, sample form with notary section for donor, receipt from donee.
47. Name Affidavit, Affidavit of Identity
47. Name Affidavit AKA PDF, sample form stating your current name, DOB, and other names (AKA, Also Known As) or former names (FKA, Formerly Known As) you are known by, such as maiden name, nickname, initials, etc.
Affidavit of Identity PDF, sample form stating your name, date of birth, address, with photo identification inserted.
Affidavit of Identity by Credible Witness PDF, sample form for a credible witness to identify a known person who does not have an acceptable form of identification.
Affidavit of Identification Photograph PDF, sample form stating your identity, physical description, with your photo attached.
48. Affidavit of Cybersecurity Compliance
48. Affidavit of Cybersecurity Compliance PDF, sample form, PDF format, to show evidence of compliance with NIST IR 7621, Section 2.
49. Affidavit of Cybersecurity Compliance PDF, sample form, PDF format, to show evidence of compliance with NIST IR 7621, Section 3.
50. Certificate of Storage Drive/Media Sanitization
50. Certificate of Storage Drive Media Sanitization PDF, sample form, PDF format, to show evidence of storage drive/media data destruction in compliance with NIST SP 800-80r1, Guidelines for Media Sanitization, with optional notary certificate.
51. Affidavit of Correction
51. Affidavit of Correction PDF, sample form, PDF format, to explain document error and correction
52. Affidavit of Common Law Marriage
52. Colorado Affidavit of Common Law Marriage PDF, sample form, PDF format, to create affidavit of common law marriage.
See blog article at English Common Law for Notaries.
53. Oath of Office, Oath for Witness Testimony
53. Colorado Oath of Office PDF, sample form, PDF format, Constitutional Oath of Office for Colorado public officials
54. Oath or Affirmation for Witness Testimony PDF, sample form, PDF format, witness testimony for hearings, mediation, agencies, review boards, administrative panels, etc.
55. Character Reference Letter for U.S. Immigration
55. Character Reference Letter for U.S. Immigration PDF, sample letter from character reference to U.S. Immigration Service, PDF format
Please call us or send email if you need help finding Colorado legal forms. We do not select legal forms for you.
Visit our Legal Books web page for self-help legal books from NOLO Press.
Thank you for your business. Please refer your friends to our website.
[Last-Modified Date 2020-02-08] added certificate of media sanitization