Disclosure: We are affiliates for US Legal Forms, LegalZoom, LawDepot, RocketLawyer, FindLegalForms and NOLO books, and receive a commission on sales. Thank you for your business.
Paid and Free Colorado Legal Forms and Information
Note: All legal forms and information found here are for educational purposes only, and are not to be considered or used as legal advice. For legal advice, contact a licensed, competent attorney. State laws vary and change from time to time. Legal forms may become obsolete or may not be valid in your state or not suitable for your specific needs or situation. Before you purchase legal forms, read the accompanying terms and conditions to understand the risks.
packet for students of our Managing Rental Property landlord training class. (file opening password is required from instructor) See our Seminar schedule for class dates, times and locations.
Buy Legal Forms
Carefully choose the correct form for your specific state, needs, and situation.
Legal Advice, Legal Plans
2. For legal advice from an attorney, buy a
LegalZoom Personal Legal Plan $9.99/mo (paid annually) or
Business Legal Plan $23.99/mo (paid annually).
Members may call an attorney to get answers to legal questions and to have legal documents reviewed. For more complicated legal matters, local attorneys are available at discount rates for Legal Plan members.
Colorado Power of Attorney, POA
3. Power of Attorney, POA, State of Colorado Statutory Form, 2010, for financial affairs and real estate, with witness affidavit
POA Agent’s Record Book, agents serving under a POA must keep records of their actions
Colorado Probate Code: CRS 15-14-701 Colorado Uniform Power of Attorney Act 2010
Colorado Law CRS 15-14-712. Reimbursement and compensation of agent. Unless the power of attorney otherwise provides, an agent is entitled to reimbursement of expenses reasonably incurred on behalf of the principal and to compensation that is reasonable under the circumstances. (agents report nonprofessional fiduciary fees earned as compensation on IRS Form 1040, line 21, Other Income.)
Colorado Rule 10 CCR 2505-10 8.100.7.G.4. Treatment of Certain Assets as Transfers Without Fair Consideration. Note: Colorado Medicaid (Health First Colorado) treats money paid to a family member as a gift and asset transfer, not earned income, unless a compliant, signed, notarized Personal Care Agreement is executed and a work log is maintained. Taxes are due on earned income. See IRS Publication 926, Household Employer’s Tax Guide. Colorado Medicaid may assess a penalty period for asset transfer, before benefits eligibility. In Colorado, every $8,000 given away during the five years prior to a Medicaid application creates a one-month period of ineligibility. $8,000 is the average private pay cost for one month in a nursing home in Colorado.
POA Monitor Agreement, sample form to appoint a monitor to protect principal from agent neglect, dishonesty, incompetence
Agent’s Certification of Authority, agent’s sworn statement that POA is currently effective and valid
Power of Attorney for Digital Assets, sample form to appoint agent to manage digital accounts, digital currency, cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, blockchain, private keys, passwords, digital property, digital devices, computer files. See article POA for Digital Assets.
CRS 15-14-105. Delegation of power by parent or guardian. A parent or guardian of a minor or incapacitated person, by a power of attorney, may delegate to another person, for a period not exceeding twelve months, any power regarding care, custody, or property of the minor or ward, except the power to consent to marriage or adoption.
Colorado Medical Power of Attorney
4. Note: Keep medical care documents in a location visible to EMS, emergency medical services, next to bed, on refrigerator, in wallet
Medical Durable Power of Attorney, for health care, medical affairs, includes access to medical records, with witness affidavit
Living Will, for end of life health care and life support decisions for terminally ill patients
CPR, patient’s wishes regarding Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation, must be signed by patient and physician
DNR, Do Not Resuscitate, physician’s order for patient in health care facility, including nursing home, patient consent not required
Your Right to Make Health Care Decisions in Colorado, 2011 version, booklet explaining use of advance directives in Colorado
Medical Orders for Scope of Treatment (MOST) for Colorado, 2015 version, discuss with physician, must be signed by physician
Colorado Medicaid Declaration of Income Trust
5. Declaration of Income Trust CO Medicaid 2016 [new version 2016] from Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing (HCPF), used to qualify for Medicaid assistance with the cost of nursing home care or home care, contact an attorney for elder care legal advice
Medicaid Declaration of Income Trust Form, [old version 2005] Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing form (HCPF 05-006) from Colorado Gerontological Society, used to qualify for Medicaid assistance with the cost of nursing home care or home care, contact an attorney for elder care legal advice
HIPAA Release and Authorization
6. HIPAA Release and Authorization allows release and access to medical records
Colorado Limited Liability Company (LLC)
7. Limited Liability Company (LLC) forms list, TBD
Colorado LLC Articles of Organization, Sample Form
Colorado Trade Name
9. Colorado Trade Name Registration, for Sole Proprietor
10. Information on Living Trusts
Colorado Real Estate, Landlord, Tenant, Eviction, Rental Property
11. Sample Form Colorado Quitclaim Deed, no warranty.
12. Colorado landlord/tenant legal forms, lease, rental application, lead paint disclosure, security deposit form, pet agreement form, utility agreement form, legal handbook, legal seminars and property management/landlord training are available from the Apartment Association of Southern Colorado, AASC (719) 264-9195 and Apartment Association of Metro Denver, AAMD (303) 329-3300.
13. Colorado landlord/tenant legal forms for evictions on Colorado Courts website, Notice to Quit (JDF 97), 3-day notice: Demand for Compliance or Right to Possession (JDF 101), Affidavit of Service (JDF 98), Complaint in Forcible Entry and Detainer FED (eviction) (JDF 99), Instructions for Forcible Entry and Detainer FED (eviction) (JDF 100). Notice to Quit for Substantial Violation. Understanding Colorado Evictions slide presentation.
Before selling or disposing of abandoned personal property, landlord must give tenant 15 days written notice by certified mail to last known address. See CRS 13-40-122 Writ of restitution after judgment, CRS 38-20-116. Abandoned property – notice of sale.
Colorado Eviction Laws FED CRS 13-40-101 Colorado Eviction Laws, Forcible Entry and Detainer (FED), CRS 13-40-101
Pikes Peak Library
14. Many legal forms, legal books, Colorado statutes and citations are available for free at the Pikes Peak Library, law libraries or on state and local court websites.
The Pikes Peak Library Law Collection is located at the Penrose Library, 20 N Cascade Ave.
Bradford Publishing, Colorado Legal Forms
15. Colorado legal forms and books were previously available for purchase from Bradford Publishing Company in Denver. Bradford Publishing closed in December, 2017. Their books and forms may be found at the public library and from the Colorado Bar Association, CLE. U.S. Legal Forms is another publisher of thousands of legal forms.
Real Estate Deeds: Quit Claim Deed, General Warranty Deed
Special Purpose Deeds: Bargain and Sale Deed, Mortgage Deed, Beneficiary Deed (Transfer On Death), Conservator’s Deed, Personal Representative’s Deed (Sale), Personal Representative’s Deed of Distribution, Trustee’s Deed, Mineral Deed, Mining Deed (Quitclaim)
Other Colorado legal forms: Colorado Mechanics Lien
Sample form e180A, rev 11-09: CO Statement of Mechanics Lien, Notice of Intent to File, Affidavit of Service
Booklet, 2000 edition: Mechanics Lien Rights in Colorado
Book: Winning Big in Colorado Small Claims Court from Bradford Publishing
Book: Everybody’s Guide to Small Claims Court from NOLO Press in our Legal Books section
Colorado Small Claims Court
16. Colorado Small Claims Court Clinic, educational videos, from Colorado Legal Services, presented by Boulder Attorney Alice Warren-Gregory, published Sep 2, 2014.
Total video time, about 40 minutes.
Colorado Small Claims Court video, part 1, Introduction, length 7:54
Colorado Small Claims Court video, part 2, Filing the Complaint, length 5:33
Colorado Small Claims Court video, part 3, Service Process, length 4:40
Colorado Small Claims Court video, part 4, Respond to a Complaint, length 4:31
Colorado Small Claims Court video, part 5, Preparing for Trial, length 10:03
Colorado Small Claims Court video, part 6, Trial and Post-Trial, length 5:02
Colorado Court Forms
17. Free information from the Colorado Courts, including
county court civil matters,
estate and probate,
conservatorship for adults,
conservatorship for minors,
guardianship for adults,
guardianship for minors,
Small Claims Court and
19. El Paso County Combined Courts, Self Help Center, Room S101, 270 S Tejon St, Colorado Springs 80903, Self-Help Center website. Staffed by Self-Represented Litigant Coordinators and volunteers from Justice Corps, available to answer questions, help find available court forms, provide information on court procedures, provide references to community resources, alert parties of options to resolve disputes outside of court by using mediation or other forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR). The Self-Help Center does not provide legal advice or fill out forms.
El Paso County, Colorado, Lawyer Referral Service
20. El Paso County Bar Association website. Lawyer referral service: (719) 636-1532.
Ask-A-Lawyer: free, confidential anonymous legal advice from volunteer attorneys, second Saturday each month, 10 am – noon, Citadel Mall, adjacent to the upper-level food court area near guest Services.
Call-A-Lawyer: free, confidential anonymous legal advice from volunteer attorneys, third Thursday evening each month, phone number only works during the monthly event.
call (719) 471-0380, 7 pm-9 pm during Jan, Mar, Apr, Jun, Aug, Sep, Oct, Dec
call (719) 457-8211, 5 pm-7 pm during Feb, May, Jul, Nov (in conjunction with KKTV)
Colorado Bar Association Consumer Brochures
21. Colorado Bar Association educational brochures website.
Some Colorado Bar Association Educational Brochures:
ADR, Appropriate Dispute Resolution (Mediation, Arbitration, etc.)
Probate in Colorado Note: There are simplified rules for settling a small estate with a value under $64,000. (A beneficiary deed may be used to avoid probate and transfer real estate when you die to your beneficiaries.)
Help for Agents Under a Power of Attorney Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
Sample Form Revocation of Power of Attorney
Sample Form Resignation of Power of Attorney
Colorado Wills, Self-Proving Wills
22. Colorado laws CRS 15-11-501 thru -506 on wills, self-proving (self-proved) wills, notarized wills.
Form Colorado Self-Proving Affidavit Witness at Execution, CRS 15-11-504(1), notarized at execution
Form Colorado Self-Proving Affidavit Witness after Execution, CRS 15-11-504(2), notarized after execution
23. Colorado Declaration of Disposition of Last Remains, Statutory Form, CRS
Colorado Legal Assistance
24. Colorado Springs Legal Assistance Directory Handout
25. Colorado Legal Services, legal assistance and advocates for low-income Colorado residents. Self-help legal information, clinics, videos, court information, legal aid attorneys, pro bono attorneys. Offices across Colorado.
Colorado Springs office, 617 S Nevada Ave, 80903, (719)471-0380
Denver office, 1905 Sherman St, Suite 400, 80203, (303)837-1313
Pueblo office, 1000 W 6th St, 81003, (719) 545-6708
Colorado Consumer Protection Laws
26. Colorado Consumer Protection Laws, Filing a Complaint, Colorado Attorney General
27. Sample Form Meeting Minutes template for business, corporation, LLC, non-profit, HOA, club, association. Based on Robert’s Rules of Order.
Certificate of Incumbency
28. Certificate of Incumbency, certified list of current company officers, signed by company officer, usually the secretary, print on company letterhead
Colorado Nonprofit Corporation Records
29. Colorado Nonprofit Corporation Records, Colorado Revised Statutes CRS 7-136
Travel Consent for Minor Child
30. Sample Form Travel Consent for Minor Child for U.S. or international travel
Animals, Pet Care Agreement, Pet Protection Agreement
31A. Bill of Sale for Animal, Dog, Cat, Bird, Pet, see notarized Bill of Sale for Personal Property
31B. Sample Form Pet Care Power of Attorney, Notarized, appoint an agent when you are on vacation, busy, sick or incapacitated
31C. Sample Form Pet Care Agreement, Notarized for temporary pet care
Colorado Trespassing Laws
32. Colorado Trespassing Laws, Colorado Revised Statutes CRS 18-4-502
Affidavit of Translation
33. Affidavit of Translation, to translate Spanish or other foreign language documents to English language.
34. Document Affidavit, to swear or affirm that an attached document is true and correct.
Copy Certification by Document Custodian
35. Copy Certification by Document Custodian, affidavit that an attached document is true and correct
Business Records Affidavit
36. Business Records Affidavit, affidavit for business records or medical records kept in the normal course of business
Affidavit of Mailing
37. Affidavit of Mailing, to provide evidence of mailing documents
38. Affidavit of Non-Response, to provide evidence that no response was received by mail
Colorado Consumer Protection
39. Colorado Attorney General, information on Colorado consumer protection laws regarding many topics is found in their Consumer Resource Guide. Topics include purchasing, repair and leasing of new and used automobiles, the Colorado Lemon Law, business licensing issues, common scams, civil rights and employment, elder and senior citizen issues, credit and lending, general consumer issues and complaints, common legal questions, health issues and identity theft.
FTC Identity Theft Complaint Affidavit
40. FTC Identity Theft Complaint Affidavit, use this form from the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) to make a sworn statement (affidavit) about your identity theft case, before a Colorado notary public
Colorado Motor Vehicle Forms
41. Colorado Department of Revenue, Auto Industry Division (AID),
Colorado Lemon Law,
Colorado Auto Buying Tips,
Complaint Process for Auto Problems,
Bill of Sale for Motor Vehicle (DR 2173), cash sale, for car, automobile, truck, motorcycle, RV, camper
Bill of Sale for Motor Vehicle (DR 2173-PN), financed sale using promissory note
Bill of Sale for Motor Vehicle Exhibit A Trade In, trade-in vehicle used for purchase
Affidavit for Collection of Personal Property Pursuant to Small Estate Proceeding (DR 2712),
Power of Attorney for Motor Vehicle Only (DR 2175)
Colorado Usury Interest Rates
42. Colorado Interest Rates and Usury Interest Laws, Colorado Revised Statutes CRS 5-12-103, 18-15-104
Colorado Small Estate Affidavit
43. Colorado Small Estate Affidavit (estate valued under $64,000), Collection of Personal Property by Affidavit, CRS 15-12-1201
Form Colorado JDF 999 Small Estate Affidavit 2015-06 and Instructions, Form Colorado JDF 998 Small Estate Affidavit Instructions 2015-06
Bill of Sale for Personal Property, Notarized
44. Bill of Sale for Personal Property, Notarized, sample form with notary section for buyer and seller.
Affidavit of Identity
45. Affidavit of Identity, sample form stating your name, date of birth, address, with photo identification inserted.
Affidavit of Identification Photograph, sample form stating your identity, physical description, with your photo attached.
Affidavit of Cybersecurity Compliance
46. Affidavit of Cybersecurity Compliance, sample form, PDF format, to show evidence of compliance with NIST IR 7621, Section 2.
47. Affidavit of Cybersecurity Compliance, sample form, PDF format, to show evidence of compliance with NIST IR 7621, Section 3.
Affidavit of Correction
48. Affidavit of Correction, sample form, PDF format, to explain document error and correction
Affidavit of Common Law Marriage
Please call us or send email if you need help finding Colorado legal forms. We do not select legal forms for you.
Visit our Legal Books web page for self-help legal books from NOLO Press.
Thank you for your business. Please refer your friends to our website.
[Last-Modified Date 2018-06-29] add Affidavit of Identity
Colorado Legal Forms and Information
Free Colorado Legal Forms (financial POA, medical POA, living will, travel consent, bill of sale, more)
Buy Colorado Legal Forms (thousands of forms from US Legal Forms, LegalZoom)
Buy Family Legal Plan, Business Legal Plan from LegalZoom (for legal advice from a licensed attorney)
Legal Information (free information from Colorado Courts, Colorado Bar Association, public library, more)