Fee Schedule v2.08
ABC Legal Docs, LLC
4164 Austin Bluffs Pkwy #101
Colorado Springs, CO 80918
FEE SCHEDULE TERMS:
Please make check or money order payable to ABC Legal Docs, LLC. No post-dated checks accepted. Checks must include your current physical address and phone number. No low-numbered checks under 200. No multi-party checks.
Payment must be received on or before close of business on the due date.
Any billing or notice delay or reduction in fees is not a waiver of our rights. Verbal statements made by either party may not amend, cancel or modify written agreements, fees, terms or conditions.
General Notary Services: Pay on or before the date of service (due date) by cash, local bank check, money order, or online using a credit card or PayPal (no PayPal account required), or if approved, pay by invoice due date. No payments by coins, post-dated, out-of-state or foreign checks, or foreign currency.
Other Products or Services: Pay on or before the date of purchase or service (due date) by cash, local bank check, money order, or online using a credit card or PayPal (no PayPal account required), or if approved, pay by invoice due date. Send a local bank check or money order by mail or pay online using credit/debit card or PayPal, no PayPal account required. Customers may be required to pay in advance, at our discretion.
Electronic Receipt: Upon request, if you pay by cash, we will send an electronic receipt of your payment by email to your email address. We do not issue paper receipts. If you pay on the PayPal website, they will send you a receipt by email.
A. Travel Fees for Mobile Notary, Document Services, Field Inspection, Field Services
Travel Zones are defined by zip codes, shown on our Mobile Notary web page.
1. Standard travel fee, to home, business, law firm, coffee shop, restaurant, shipping service, based on local zip code Zone 0: $10, Zone 1: $15, Zone 2: $20, Zone 3: $25, Zone 4: $30
2. Medical/senior care travel fee, to hospital, nursing home, rehab, therapy, assisted living, etc. based on local zip code Zone M-1 $25, Zone M-2 $30, Zone M-3: $35, Zone M-4: $35. These fees are higher than standard fees due to more time required on site.
3. Travel fees for long-distance, extended, and rural destinations, outside Colorado Springs, range from $35 and up. See Extended, Rural travel fee schedule on our Mobile Notary web page.
4. Airport travel fee, to Colorado Springs Airport, parking fee included, 30 minutes on site $50
5. Jail, detention center or court travel fee, in Colorado Springs, includes parking fee, security check, ID check, visitor log, search/scan, visitor rules check, 1 hr on site $60
6. Extra time/mileage fee, more than 20 miles or more than 30 minutes one way $0.50 per mile or $0.50 per minute
7. Extra fee for travel/weather advisory, accident alert, heavy rain, snow, hail or ice on roads, disaster, unsafe/hazardous conditions $25 or Cancel/ Reschedule
8. Full travel fee is due if we begin travel and you do not cancel before we arrive at scheduled appointment.
9. If we arrive late, and you have not canceled, full travel fee is due. Scheduled arrival time is not guaranteed, and we may be delayed due to weather, traffic, car problem, completing prior appointments, or other reasons.
10. Security checkpoint fee, for visitor check-in, registration, ID check, gear locker, or access to military base, gated entrance or another secure facility $5
B. General Notary Fees
1. Notary fee, oath, affirmation, acknowledgment, witnessing, paper documents $5/notarization, $5/other signature; discount for more than two documents with same signatures, the fee for the additional documents is reduced to $3/notarization, $3/other signature
2. Electronic Notary (e-notary) fee, oath, affirmation, acknowledgment, witnessing, electronic documents (not loan docs) $10/notarization, $5/other signature
3. Notary fee, administer oath or affirmation, for an affidavit, deposition, witness, remote testimony witness, oath of office, no documents $5/notarization, $5/certificate
4. Notary fee, certified copy, (no vital records or publicly recordable docs), copy of journal entry $5/notarization, $5/certificate
5. Apostille: send and receive a notarized document by First Class Mail to SOS for Apostille $15 service fee
6. [Electronic remote online notarization (RON) (remote notary) by webcam, audio/video communication, tamper-evident documents, $25/notarization, if and when RON law is passed, bills (SB 19-084 died), (HB 19-1167 died), SB 20-96, Remote Notaries Protect Privacy is in progress, not passed]
7. Remote notary service, by emergency order of the Governor, under SOS emergency Rule 5 $5/notarization
8. Witness fee, as a citizen, not as a notary $5 per document + travel fee
C. ID Verification/Certification/Proofing (Other than Notary Transaction)
1. Form I-9 (paper or electronic), other customer ID verification/certification form, $10 per document
2. E-Verify (electronic Form I-9) employer setup/renewal fee $30 setup, $20 renewal
D. Field Inspection/Field Services/Research/Photo Services
1. Field inspection, no contact, take photos $10 for 1-5 photos, $2 per photo >5
2. Field inspection, field services, research, no contact, verify address/information, complete report Negotiable
3. Field services, with contact, interview, verify information/occupancy, deliver docs, complete report. Negotiable
E. Special Hours, Extra Fees: (outside of standard fee business hours, Mon-Sat 8 am-8 pm)
1. Sunday fee (8 am-8 pm) $10
2. Holiday fee, on Federal Holidays, Christmas Eve, Christmas, New Year’s Eve $20
3. Early Bird fee (6 am-8 am), Late Evening fee (8 pm-10 pm) $20
4. Red Eye fee (10 pm-6 am) $50
5. Hazard risk fee for location or situation requiring extra health, safety, security or disinfection procedures, health screening, supplies, safety equipment $25
F. Mobile Notary Signing Agent Services, Certified Notary Signing Agent, Background Screened
1. Signing agent service, purchase, sale, refinance, HELOC or settlement docs, base fee, up to 100 pages $100
2. Signing agent service, two loans or other lengthy docs, base fee, up to 200 pages $140
3. Signing agent service, other docs, base fee, up to 50 pages (no upfront fees collected) $50
G. Extra, Other, Miscellaneous Fees:
1. Shipping, shipping labels, postage, envelopes, mailers, printing, copying, scanning, parking fees, tolls are extra add-on charges.
2. Infection prevention and control supplies, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), cleaning, sanitizing, disinfecting are extra charges. $2 per session
3. Form completion such as notary information, agent information, shipping labels $5 per form
4. Document printing, real estate closing, loan docs, eDocs, 2 copies, up to 100 pages each $25 up to 100 pgs
5. Other printing, copying, shredding, loose pages $0.10 per pg
6. Document scanning to PDF file or another file format $1/loose page, $2/bound page
7. Copy/burn files to Compact Disc (CD), Digital Versatile Disc (DVD), micro SD memory card or USB flash drive, we provide media cost of media + $5 recording fee up to 5 files, $0.50 per file > 5 files
8. Encrypted audio/video file storage of our remote notarized transaction. stored at our cloud storage provider one audio/video file free (15 minute maximum length), additional files $0.50/month, $6/year
9. Media storage in fireproof, waterproof, safe of CD, DVD, micro SD memory card or flash drive $1/month, $12/year per disc/drive/memory card
10. Scan and email documents, no fax service $1.00 per page
11. Recording/transcribing meetings, minutes, interviews, depositions, virtual assistant, secretarial services, writing, proofreading, editing, OCR conversion $30 per hour
12. Rush service, less than 4 hours notice $25 (we may cancel or add a fee if all docs needed are not received at least 4 hours before the appointment)
13. Appointment cancellation, failure to confirm or reply to our appointment inquiry, reschedule, change of mind or change of location, less than 4 hours notice $10
14. Signer refuses/unable/impaired/disqualified to sign, halted signing or no show/no cancel/no ID/bad ID travel fee + $10 per 15 minutes for time on site, time rounded up
15. Customer, lender, title, escrow, signing service cancels or not funded after the appointment is completed Full amount due for services rendered
16. Waiting time for signer, witness, service, another party, phone call, email, documents, other delays more than 15 minutes $10 per 15 minutes, time rounded up
17. Return trip to the customer, due to our error or omission no charge for travel fee, printing fee, notary fee, mailing corrected docs by USPS first class or Priority Mail
18. Any problems or deductions due to our error or omission must be reported in writing within 8 hours of doc delivery. Only fees disclosed/agreed in advance are allowed.
19. Return trip to customer, up to 15 miles, due to your error,omission,adds,changes, 10 pg max $50 up to 10 pgs, $1 per pg > 10
20. Time for doing research, providing information, answers, consulting, training, tech support or processing difficult, unusual, foreign language, or foreign jurisdiction documents or transactions $30 per hour
21. Detecting and reporting significant problems, errors, omissions, legal compliance issues with customer, transaction or paperwork $5 per item
22. Time for records research, witness preparation, appearance, at court, hearing, investigation, law firm, other location $10 per 15 minutes, time rounded up
H. Past Due Accounts, Late Payments, Bad Checks, Collections
1. If we do not receive payment in full by due date and we prepare and mail, email or text message a bill, invoice, demand, message or notice to remind you of payment past due $5 per bill, invoice, demand, message or notice
2. If we do not receive payment in full by due date, we will add our costs for postage, certified mail, collection agency fees, skip tracing, affidavit fees, process server fees, legal fees, and court costs to collect the debt.
3. If we do not receive payment in full within 30 days of due date, a late fee will be added for every month that your account is not paid in full, as compensation for our accounts receivable administration time and expense $20 per month
4. Fees for certified copies, court transcripts of judgment, writ of garnishment or attachment, fees to record a judgment lien or satisfaction of judgment, per court and county fee schedules.
5. Finance charge interest rate on court judgments or mediation rulings for amounts past due is 1.5% per month, eighteen percent (18%) annually
6. Returned check, insufficient funds (NSF), closed account, stopped payment, defective check (missing/incorrect date, payee, amount, signature) $20 service fee
7. If payment made using a check, money order, PayPal, credit card, or debit card is not honored or is reversed by chargeback or stop payment for any reason, past due fees and late fees shall apply.
8. Reporting bad check (CRS 18-5-512), check fraud (CRS 18-5-205), unethical business practices to law enforcement, regulators, BBB, others $30 reporting fee
9. Payments received shall be first applied to any outstanding account fees, interest, legal fees, court costs, and collection costs, and then applied to the remaining balance due on the account.
I. Signing Agent Services Include: Receive and review documents, set appt with customer, confirm appt, travel to appt (up to 15 miles), conduct signing (up to 90 minutes), ID verification, notarize (up to 10 documents), confirm job completion, drop off docs at FedEx/UPS/USPS (up to 5 miles), confirm doc drop off, send invoice. M-F cutoff time for FedEx/UPS/USPS is 5 PM.
Document printing, shredding, fax back, email, scan back, and rush service are extra services. (See above).
J. Notary Classes:
1. Cancellation: a registered student may receive a refund by sending a cancellation notice by email at least 24 hours before class. If instructor cancels class, students may request a refund or may reschedule.
2. Rescheduling: if a student reschedules more than 24 hours before class, or is a no show for class, or cancels within 24 hours before class, student may reschedule within 7 days to attend a future class, at no extra cost.
3. Change of location or delivery method: if the minimum number of students do not register, or due to bad weather, or emergency, instructor may cancel or change the location of class, or change from a live class to a live teleconference class, by phoning or sending email or text message to students, at least 2 hours before class.
K. Pro Bono Fee Waiver:
In a special situation, we may waive our notary and travel fees for humanitarian reasons, to assist a person experiencing trauma, loss, casualty, medical or financial hardship. A pro bono fee waiver is for the good of the public and our fellow Colorado Springs community members. We volunteer our time, expertise and expenses for pro bono or free notary services.
This Fee Schedule is subject to change at any time.
[end of fee schedule]
© 2008-2020 ABC Legal Docs, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
DO NOT COPY any part of this fee schedule or website without written permission.