Anti-Spam by CleanTalk, WordPress Plugin
Anti-Spam by CleanTalk is a premium WordPress plugin. It blocks spam in blog comments, registration forms, order forms, subscription forms, contact forms, and other forms on a website. It saves valuable time, so the website moderator does not have to manually manage and delete spam. It is compatible with desktop and mobile website visitors, Akismet plugin, and all WordPress themes.
How Anti-Spam by CleanTalk Works
- A spam bot or a human visitor makes a comment or fills out a form on your website.
- CleanTalk sends action parameters to the CleanTalk cloud service.
- The cloud service analyzes the parameters.
- For a human visitor, the comment is published. For a spam bot, the comment is blocked and sent to the spam folder.
- Parameters are written to the log which may be viewed in the control panel.
Anti-Spam by CleanTalk uses several anti-spam tests to detect up to 99.998% of spam bots and helps avoid false positive blocks for real website visitors. It takes less than 1 second to return results. Every day CleanTalk processes about 2.5 million requests. Only 0.4% are real comments from humans, the remaining 99.6% are from spam bots!
A cloud-based blacklist database at CleanTalk.org includes more than 1 billion records about spam email addresses, IP addresses, and domain names. To reduce false positives, a sender is blocked if it fails multiple spam tests. Trackbacks with spam activity are also blocked.
Comment Submission Time Test
A comment submission time test measures how quickly the comment was made after the original post was made. Spam bots usually send spam immediately. Normal human visitors will respond later, after reading the post, thinking about it, and typing a response.
A censor filter also sends comments containing rude, abusive, cursing, and hateful words to manual moderation for review.
Detected spam is sent automatically to the spam folder, where the moderator can check it before deleting it. A test feature is included to check that anti-spam is working properly. As an option, spam comments older than 15 days may be automatically deleted.
Anti-Spam by CleanTalk can also test all existing comments and users to remove spam comments and users, comparing against a database of 2 million known spam bots.
Removing Captcha Plugins
Because Anti-Spam by CleanTalk is very effective, other anti-spam plugins, such as Captcha or reCaptcha are not needed and should be disabled. This makes it easier for normal visitors to add comments, without the irritation of entering Captcha codes, helping to encourage and increase user engagement and loyalty.
Free Trial, Premium License Fee
The plugin is free, but to use the CleanTalk cloud service to block spam bots you must register for an account. There is a 14-day free trial period to test the plugin. After the free trial, you can choose to get a license for 1 year or deactivate the plugin. The license fee is low, the $16 annual license may be used on 3 websites, and is a bargain compared to the time that would be spent by the website moderator managing and deleting spam from spam bots manually.
It is compatible with WordPress cache plugins, and many popular plugins including Jetpack, BuddyPress, bbPress, S2Member, WooCommerce, Profile Builder, Formidable Forms, Contact Form 7, Fast Secure Contact Form, Ninja Forms, Gravity Forms, custom forms, Landing Pages, MailPoet Newsletters, and MailChimp.
Since anti-spam checks are done in the cloud, they are fast and do not place an extra load on your web server.
Optional Spam Firewall
There is also an advanced spam firewall option to block the most active spam bots before they get access to your website. It displays a blank web page to the spam bot and reduces the workload on your web server. It also includes features for DDoS attacks and XML-RPC attacks from bad IP addresses.
Control Panel and Log
There is a control panel to check operating status, statistics and a 45-day log to see spam blocking activity.
It is easy to install, includes 24/7 technical support, regular updates, iPhone and Android phone apps for control and monitoring, and the product has a high user rating.
5-Star Rating *****
Before I installed Anti-Spam by CleanTalk, I was so tired of dealing with spam, that I disabled comments. I tried several other anti-spam plugins before I found Anti-Spam by CleanTalk. I have used it since June 2015 on several websites and recommend it with a 5-Star Rating.
Read more and download the plugin at Anti-Spam by CleanTalk
[Last-Modified Date 2017-04-03] new product name Anti-Spam by CleanTalk
Spam Protection by CleanTalk, WordPress Plugin
Spam Protection by CleanTalk, WordPress Plugin