Disclosure: We are affiliates for US Legal Forms, LegalZoom, LawDepot, RocketLawyer, FindLegalForms and NOLO books, and receive a commission on sales. Thank you for your business.
Legal Forms and Information
Note: All legal forms and information found here are for educational purposes only, and are not to be considered or used as legal advice. For legal advice, contact a licensed, competent attorney. State laws vary and change from time to time. Forms may become obsolete or may not be valid in your state or not suitable for your specific needs or situation. Before you purchase a legal form, read the accompanying terms and conditions to understand the risks.
packet for students of our Managing Rental Property landlord training class. (file opening password is required from instructor) See our Seminar schedule for class dates, times and locations.
Buy Legal Forms
Carefully choose the correct form for your specific state, needs, and situation.
Legal Advice, Legal Plans
2. For legal advice from an attorney, buy a
LegalZoom Personal Legal Plan $9.99/mo (paid annually) or
Business Legal Plan $23.99/mo (paid annually).
Members may call an attorney to get answers to legal questions and to have legal documents reviewed. For more complicated legal matters, local attorneys are available at discount rates for Legal Plan members.
Power of Attorney
3. Power of Attorney, State of Colorado Statutory Form, 2010, for financial affairs and real estate, with witness affidavit
POA Agent’s Record Book, agents serving under a POA must keep records of their actions
POA Monitor Agreement, sample form to appoint a monitor to protect principal from agent neglect, dishonesty, incompetence
Agent’s Certification of Authority, agent’s sworn statement that POA is currently effective and valid
Power of Attorney for Digital Assets, sample form to appoint agent to manage digital accounts, digital devices, computer files
Medical Power of Attorney
4. Note: Keep medical care documents in a location visible to EMS, emergency medical services, next to bed, on refrigerator, in wallet
Medical Durable Power of Attorney, for health care, medical affairs, includes access to medical records, with witness affidavit
Living Will, for end of life health care and life support decisions for terminally ill patients
CPR, patient’s wishes regarding Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation, must be signed by patient and physician
DNR, Do Not Resuscitate, physician’s order for patient in health care facility, including nursing home, patient consent not required
Your Right to Make Health Care Decisions in Colorado, 2011 version, booklet explaining use of advance directives in Colorado
Medical Orders for Scope of Treatment (MOST) for Colorado, 2015 version, discuss with physician, must be signed by physician
Medicaid Declaration of Income Trust
5. Declaration of Income Trust CO Medicaid 2016 [new version 2016] from Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing (HCPF), used to qualify for Medicaid assistance with the cost of nursing home care or home care, contact an attorney for elder care legal advice
Medicaid Declaration of Income Trust Form, [old version 2005] Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing form (HCPF 05-006) from Colorado Gerontological Society, used to qualify for Medicaid assistance with the cost of nursing home care or home care, contact an attorney for elder care legal advice
HIPAA Release and Authorization
6. HIPAA Release and Authorization allows release and access to medical records
Limited Liability Company (LLC)
7. Limited Liability Company (LLC) forms list, TBD
Colorado LLC Articles of Organization, Sample Form
Colorado Trade Name
9. Colorado Trade Name Registration, for Sole Proprietor
10. Information on Living Trusts
Colorado Landlord, Tenant, Rental Property
11. Colorado landlord/tenant legal forms, lease, rental application, lead paint disclosure, security deposit form, pet agreement form, utility agreement form, legal handbook, legal seminars and property management/landlord training are available from the Apartment Association of Southern Colorado, AASC (719) 264-9195 and Apartment Association of Metro Denver, AAMD (303) 329-3300.
12. Colorado landlord/tenant legal forms for evictions on Colorado Courts website, Notice to Quit (JDF 97), 3-day notice: Demand for Compliance or Right to Possession (JDF 101), Complaint in Forcible Entry and Detainer FED (eviction) (JDF 99), Instructions for Forcible Entry and Detainer FED (eviction) (JDF 100)
Pikes Peak Library
14. Many legal forms, legal books, Colorado statutes and citations are available for free at the Pikes Peak Library, law libraries or on state and local court websites.
The Pikes Peak Library Law Collection is located at the Penrose Library, 20 N Cascade Ave.
Bradford Publishing, Colorado Legal Forms
15. Colorado legal forms and books are available for purchase from Bradford Publishing Company in Denver, at the public library, and at their distributors across Colorado.
Real Estate Deeds: Quit Claim Deed, General Warranty Deed
Special Purpose Deeds: Bargain and Sale Deed, Mortgage Deed, Beneficiary Deed, Conservator’s Deed, Personal Representative’s Deed (Sale), Personal Representative’s Deed of Distribution, Trustee’s Deed, Mineral Deed, Mining Deed (Quitclaim)
Book: Winning Big in Colorado Small Claims Court from Bradford Publishing
Book: Everybody’s Guide to Small Claims Court from NOLO Press in our Legal Books section
Colorado Small Claims Court
16. Colorado Small Claims Court Clinic, educational videos, from Colorado Legal Services, presented by Boulder Attorney Alice Warren-Gregory, published Sep 2, 2014.
Total video time, about 40 minutes.
Colorado Small Claims Court video, part 1, Introduction, length 7:54
Colorado Small Claims Court video, part 2, Filing the Complaint, length 5:33
Colorado Small Claims Court video, part 3, Service Process, length 4:40
Colorado Small Claims Court video, part 4, Respond to a Complaint, length 4:31
Colorado Small Claims Court video, part 5, Preparing for Trial, length 10:03
Colorado Small Claims Court video, part 6, Trial and Post-Trial, length 5:02
Colorado Court Forms
17. Free information from the Colorado Courts, including
county court civil matters,
estate and probate,
conservatorship for adults,
conservatorship for minors,
guardianship for adults,
guardianship for minors,
Small Claims Court and
19. El Paso County Combined Courts, Self Help Center, Room S101, 270 S Tejon St, Colorado Springs 80903, Self-Help Center website. Staffed by Self-Represented Litigant Coordinators and volunteers from Justice Corps, available to answer questions, help find available court forms, provide information on court procedures, provide references to community resources, alert parties of options to resolve disputes outside of court by using mediation or other forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR). The Self-Help Center does not provide legal advice or fill out forms.
El Paso County Lawyer Referral Service
20. El Paso County Bar Association website. Lawyer referral service: (719) 636-1532.
Ask-A-Lawyer: free, confidential anonymous legal advice from volunteer attorneys, second Saturday each month, 10 am – noon, Citadel Mall, adjacent to the upper-level food court area near guest Services.
Call-A-Lawyer: free, confidential anonymous legal advice from volunteer attorneys, third Thursday evening each month, phone number only works during the monthly event.
call (719) 471-0380, 7 pm-9 pm during Jan, Mar, Apr, Jun, Aug, Sep, Oct, Dec
call (719) 457-8211, 5 pm-7 pm during Feb, May, Jul, Nov (in conjunction with KKTV)
Colorado Bar Association Consumer Brochures
21. Colorado Bar Association educational brochures website.
Some Colorado Bar Association Educational Brochures:
ADR, Appropriate Dispute Resolution (Mediation, Arbitration, etc.)
Probate in Colorado Note: There are simplified rules for settling a small estate with a value under $50,000. (A beneficiary deed may be used to avoid probate and transfer real estate when you die to your beneficiaries.)
Sample Form Revocation of Power of Attorney
Sample Form Resignation of Power of Attorney
Colorado Wills, Self-Proving Wills
22. Colorado laws CRS 15-11-501 thru -506 on wills, self-proving (self-proved) wills, notarized wills.
23. Colorado Declaration of Disposition of Last Remains, Statutory Form, CRS
Colorado Legal Assistance
24. Colorado Springs Legal Assistance Directory Handout
25. Colorado Legal Services, legal assistance and advocates for low-income Colorado residents. Self-help legal information, clinics, videos, court information, legal aid attorneys, pro bono attorneys. Offices across Colorado.
Colorado Springs office, 617 S Nevada Ave, 80903, (719)471-0380
Denver office, 1905 Sherman St, Suite 400, 80203, (303)837-1313
Pueblo office, 1000 W 6th St, 81003, (719) 545-6708
Colorado Consumer Protection Laws
26. Colorado Consumer Protection Laws, Filing a Complaint, Colorado Attorney General
27. Sample Form Meeting Minutes template for business, corporation, LLC, non-profit, HOA, club, association. Based on Robert’s Rules of Order.
Certificate of Incumbency
28. Certificate of Incumbency, certified list of current company officers, signed by company officer, usually the secretary, print on company letterhead
Colorado Nonprofit Corporation Records
29. Colorado Nonprofit Corporation Records, Colorado Revised Statutes CRS 7-136
Travel Consent for Minor Child
30. Sample Form Travel Consent for Minor Child
Colorado Trespassing Laws
31. Colorado Trespassing Laws, Colorado Revised Statutes CRS 18-4-502
Affidavit of Translation
32. Affidavit of Translation, to translate Spanish or other foreign language documents to English language.
33. Document Affidavit, to swear or affirm that an attached document is true and correct.
Copy Certification by Document Custodian
34. Copy Certification by Document Custodian, affidavit that an attached document is true and correct
Business Records Affidavit
35. Business Records Affidavit, affidavit for business records or medical records kept in the normal course of business
Affidavit of Mailing
36. Affidavit of Mailing, to provide evidence of mailing documents
37. Affidavit of Non-Response, to provide evidence that no response was received by mail
Colorado Consumer Protection
38. Colorado Attorney General, information on Colorado consumer protection laws regarding many topics is found in their Consumer Resource Guide. Topics include purchasing, repair and leasing of new and used automobiles, the Colorado Lemon Law, business licensing issues, common scams, civil rights and employment, elder and senior citizen issues, credit and lending, general consumer issues and complaints, common legal questions, health issues and identity theft.
FTC Identity Theft Complaint Affidavit
39. FTC Identity Theft Complaint Affidavit, use this form from the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) to make a sworn statement (affidavit) about your identity theft case, before a Colorado notary public
Colorado Motor Vehicle Forms
40. Colorado Department of Revenue, Auto Industry Division (AID),
Colorado Lemon Law,
Colorado Auto Buying Tips,
Complaint Process for Auto Problems,
Bill of Sale for Motor Vehicle (DR 2173), cash sale
Bill of Sale for Motor Vehicle (DR 2173-PN), financed sale using promissory note
Colorado Usury Interest Rates
41. Colorado Interest Rates and Usury Interest Laws, Colorado Revised Statutes CRS 5-12-103, 18-15-104
Colorado Small Estate Affidavit
42. Colorado Small Estate Affidavit (estate valued under $64,000), Collection of Personal Property by Affidavit, CRS 15-12-1201
Form Colorado JDF 999 Small Estate Affidavit 2015-06 and Instructions, Form Colorado JDF 998 Small Estate Affidavit Instructions 2015-06
Affidavit of Identification Photograph
43. Affidavit of Identification Photograph, sample form stating your identity, with your photo attached.
Affidavit of Cybersecurity Compliance
44. Affidavit of Cybersecurity Compliance, sample form, PDF format, to show evidence of compliance with NIST IR 7621, Section 2.
45. Affidavit of Cybersecurity Compliance, sample form, PDF format, to show evidence of compliance with NIST IR 7621, Section 3.
Affidavit of Correction
46. Affidavit of Correction, sample form, PDF format, to explain document error and correction
Please call us or send email if you need help finding a legal form. We do not select forms for you.
Visit our Legal Books web page for self-help legal books from NOLO Press.
Thank you for your business. Please refer your friends to our website.
[Last-Modified Date 2017-03-16] remove content, foreclosure, short sale, bankruptcy
Legal Forms and Information
Free Legal Forms (financial POA, medical POA, living will, travel consent, bill of sale, more)
Buy Legal Forms (thousands of forms from US Legal Forms, LegalZoom)
Buy Family Legal Plan, Business Legal Plan from LegalZoom (for legal advice from a licensed attorney)
Legal Information (free information from Colorado Courts, Colorado Bar Association, public library, more)